Monday, November 21, 2005

Dang

When I was 16 or 17, my older brother told me that he was just like me at that age. He wanted to go to tons of concerts, but, by the time he was 21, he was either too busy, uninterested, or tired to go to concerts any more. I didn't think he'd be right!

Since June I've only seen 3 shows, Ted Leo & The Pharmacists, Ugly Duckling, and Your Song Is Good with Breakfast. These don't count the countless shows at which I've performed. While performing is extremely exhilarating, I'm really yearning for that awesome feeling of admiration and happiness that hits when you're seeing an awesome band.

So, here's some shows I should go to, but probably won't...
Nov. 25 - Aesop Rock @ Bottom of the Hill
Nov. 26 - Push to Talk and others @ Bottom of the Hill
Dec. 2 - Har Mar Superstar @ the Independent
Dec. 8 - Harold Ray Live In Concert @ Bottom of the Hill
Dec. 9 - Calling All Monsters and others @ Bottom of the Hill
Dec. 13 - Aquabats @ Slim's
Dec. 24 - Ging Nang Boyz and Onanie Machine @ La Mama (I wish!!!)

Dang... I wish there were more to list. And I just missed Molotov last night...

4 comments:

ninpuro said...

slacker! it's been more than a week!

BOBOSO said...

Molotov is sort of a guilty pleasure, but really I just think that they're really obnoxious and offensive in all the right ways.

Didn't make it to Aesop Rock, probably won't make it to any of these shows until Calling All Monsters, and maybe the Aquabats if finals don't kill me.

ninpuro said...

i love reading this entry over and over.

wait no i don't

update!!!

kisses & hugs

Anonymous said...

Yeah. This pretty much describes what I went through when I got "over the hill." When I was in high school I couldn't go to enough shows, but now two in the same week or 3 or more a month kills me, especially when I go to an all ages punk show.

One thing that still happens with me is I go to some shows alone. It's difficult finding people that always want to go to something you want to see. And seeing a band alone outweighs not going because a friend or two won't be there.