Monday, November 14, 2005

Onanie Night!

I've been listening to lots of Onanie Machine lately. Their name translates to Masturbation Machine in English. I'd say about 50% of their song titles have the word "Onanie" in the titles, and the ones that don't still say it about a dozen times over the course of the song. My friend Yumi introduced them to me about a year ago, but I never really paid attention to them because their music was fairly generic. What caught my attention more recently was how ludicrously perverted their lyrics are, and, to be honest, I get a huge kick out of it. However, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't listen to an English song with lyrics like "Suck my wiener, stinky wiener" (a rough translation of the lyrics from "Tama Shabure"). So, for now, I'll permit myself this one bit of gross hypocrisy.

Note: The band themselves romanizes the word onani- as Onanie, so even though it looks weird, don't blame me!

1 comment:

ninpuro said...

I saw a video (not on the GoSte) DVD where two of the guys got naked and started wrestling each other in a kiddie pool full of some gelatinous substance, ala Old School.