Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Japantown = Chinatown?

In further Japantown news, excavation has begun on the site of the recently demolished yard on 6th Street. Apparently it was once the site of San Jose's Chinatown, and, according to this article, remnants of Chinatown have already been found.

Also, not only is there the aforementioned plan to develop some mixed residential/commercial spaces on the lot vacated by the yard, but there's also a proposal to build more retirement homes across the street, in the parking lot adjacent to Fuji Towers, another retirement home.

Things are heating up in Japantown! (stay tuned for some photos...maybe... if I stop being lazy)


P.S. I won't be doing my show this week, I'll be in Austin at SXSW! WOOHOO! Sayonara SUCKERS!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read that article a few days ago and was gonna point you in it's direction. Alas, you're too quick for me.

Anyhoo, good luck in Tcheck-shias!