Friday, June 01, 2007

Dear Blogosphere

Oh how I have neglected thee.

Recap of the last few weeks/months/epochs:
-The season finale of Heroes was a little disappointing, but the season as a whole was great. I'm looking to forward to seeing what they cook up for season 2. Did anyone else catch the allusion to a WORSE villain than Syler, when the girl referenced a villain who could see her when she thinks of him?
-I saw the season finale of Lost despite ignoring the rest of the season. It started out to so weak, but I heard that it got really good after that... I dunno man, I'm pretty skeptical.
-The Shield continues to be totally insane/amazing.
-I saw Mike Hale, Matt Skiba and Chuck Ragan play a big show in San Jo. Chuck Ragan's set was a pleasant surprise, a step up from the usual singer songwriter stuff that punks are wont to deliver once they step away from a band.
-I went with Chirpy Boy to see Ted Leo at Slim's for the 2nd time in a month. Aside from the large contingent of bros and drunk dads at the show, it was one of the better times I've seen Ted Leo.
-Saw The Ergs and Lemuria last night in San Jose and was incredibly pleased to see such a last minute show get such a good turnout. Hooray for you San Jose, I won't write you off completely just yet.
-I movie-hopped with a beautiful young lady and saw Hot Fuzz and Pirates 3. I loved Shawn of the Dead so Hot Fuzz's awesomeness wasn't a surprise, but Pirates was surprisingly good considering that I haven't seen either of the first 2 in the series, and also the bad reviews that the movie has been receiving. I may even go back to see it again to catch the parts that I slept through.
-I missed seeing Manu Chao and The Hold Steady who were playing at competing shows 2 nights ago. Did anyone go to either, and if so, how was it?
-I'm currently listening to the new album from Your Song Is Good. I'll need more time to soak it in, but it looks like these masters of instrumental caribbean-lounge-soul-ska are back in fine form.
-I went to Fanimecon in San Jose for work, peddling anime wares to nerds. A lot more people are dressing up these days than they used to, and male nerds are learning to bathe more often. I did, however, meet the stupidest fan ever, and she kindly allowed me to make fun of her ruthlessly for at least 5 minutes. Whatever compelled her to withstand my abuse is something I don't understand, but I'm simultaneously grateful/annoyed that she stuck around so long.

That's it! For all of you radio listening folks, the show last week with Morgan was totally fun to do. Next week I'll be having guest DJ JJ down to the station to play annoying J-pop.

No comments: