Thursday, April 23, 2009

Well, I'll be...

On a rational level, Obama's election to the office of President was a happy occasion, but it didn't really do much for me on an emotional level. Of course, I would've been really bummed out if he'd have lost. It would've just been more weight put on to the pile of stress on my back that I have learned to ignore. Luckily, he won, but I still went about life like it was any other day. My mom wrote to me shortly after his election about how excited she was about everything Obama was doing, but it all seemed so distant to me.

Halfway through reading an article today about Obama's proposal to push wind-power I suddenly started feeling really happy. It only just hit me today that he really is the real deal. FOR REAL! There can't be any way that he's pulling a fast one us. He is actually a real good dude, and that's that. All the little things that he's doing to counteract the countless years of awfulness that I've witnessed are just too real to not smile about.

Nice.

1 comment:

Matt Keegan said...

I disagree with this so fucking hard it's not even funny. Still, I miss you and I have a semi-active blog now!