Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Consumption pt. III

I think that Weezer's "Buddy Holly" is one of the greatest songs ever. Simple, sweet, sincere, and with a rippin' guitar solo to boot! It popped into my head out of the blue while riding my bike to work, and I was singing it out loud as I passed grannies out for a morning stroll and school kids with their bright yellow hats. There's an understated sense of urgency, or desperation, perhaps, that I think isn't necessarily so apparent in the lyrics, but is really brought out in that brief wailing guitar solo that still sends shivers up my spine to this very day.

I feel like expressing your love of Weezer is like saying that you think Barry Bonds is the greatest baseball player of all-time. You know... they would've been the best, if they hadn't gone and mucked things up for themselves halfway down the line.

Sigh...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i agree wholeheartedly (=_=;)
forgot to say, nice guitar!

Unknown said...

If you find a Little Baby cd, I might just have to stab myself. However, I thought of something else that wouldn't mean the end of my reason to live if you find it.

During the tour, there was a vertical scrolling shooter that I was really into. You had to shoot bugs and flowers and collect pollen (or perhaps honey) for points. I know it sounds wimpy, but it was actually pretty tight. Stupid me never bothered to take note of the name, so if you could figure that out, I can cross one more thing off my list

BOBOSO said...

What system is that game for? It's not Fantasy Zone, is it?

Unknown said...

Too late. I ended up doing some research and figured it out on my own. Mushihime-sama (虫姫さま) was an arcade shooter that was eventually ported over to the PS2. I was watching videos of it on youtube and didn't realize how hard it is. It seemed somewhat easy when I was playing it.

Speaking of Japanese games, User's Side hella closed shop!

I guess you can go back to record shopping and potentially giving me no purpose in life.