Thursday, September 04, 2008

Yesterday...

...was one of those days. All those stereotypes that really annoy foreigners finally popped up all in one day, and more!!! I got a "You're good with chopsticks!" and another "Wow, you can write Japanese!" for the first time since I've been here, which actually didn't annoy me all that much. What really annoyed me was that on my way home some guy commented as I rode my bike by "Oh, a foreigner..." HELLO FOOL!!! There's thousands of foreigners all across this town!!! I even rode next to four spanish speaking women this morning on the train, not to mention all the Brazilians, Indians and whiteys I see every dang day. I'm not so annoyed about having been recognized as a foreigner (because I totally am!) but that it's such a big deal for this guy to comment about it out loud.

ALSO, to cap off the bummer that was yesterday, the rain starting pouring cats and dogs a few minutes before I left work, only to subside completely right about the time that I arrived at the station near my house. I tried to cheer myself by going to my favorite restaurant in town, Landy Shop III, but it was closed inexplicably. On the bright side, I went to Hard Off, the local junk electronics shop, and found out that they're opening a second location in town! WOOHOO!!! I saw the same guy there digging through old LPs that I talked to at another junk store across town. WHICH REMINDS ME that I think all you loyal readers should know about the Warren G record that I found for 100yen in said junk store amongst hundreds of Seiko Matsuda and Southern All Stars records.

This is probably the stupidest blog entry ever.

No comments: