Tuesday, February 12, 2008

GAH!!!

Thinking about it, I've decided that this blog is total garbage! Aside from the playlists, I rarely post anything of any worth. Everything I write is just a blurb about things that I'm sure have been covered with more depth elsewhere. Maintaining a blog loosely centered around pop-culture is pointless when I'm too busy/apathetic to even take in any of said pop-culture! This blog is just one of many endeavours splitting my time and coming out half-assed.

Having said all this, I'm not planning on scrapping this blog at all, but I really want to write more about the things that I think about and see everyday. I want to write about the goofy, smiling lady with her mouth agape at the gas station, and how happy she looked. I want to write about the stern old man who comes in to my work once a week and surveys the videos on the shelves with little interest, and how unconformtable it made me when he kept punching his leg arhythmically today. I want to write about the big open field on Branham Lane that has remained through my 20 years in San Jose while every other patch of open space and farmland has been developed into a strip mall or apartment complex. I want to write about the city maintenance yard in Japantown that was torn down last week, and how I can now see the cargo trains pass by through the space it once occupied.

I can't offer you any tidbits of worth when it comes to pop-culture, but I can offer you a glimpse into my boring life in San Jose. And, even if it's boring, I think it's really sweet in a way, and that there's great things about everyday life here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

so do it! i don't see any taglines on your blog that say "limited to po[o]p culture" so why not go for it? we'll all keep reading for sure

Elvis said...

gas station girls RULE