Saturday, November 03, 2007

Join, or Die... with a vengeance

In case you don't know, the Join, Or Die collective of musicians from Santa Cruz, CA are pretty much the best thing ever. They've slowed down their activity as of late, but my formative years as a music fan would've been meaningless had Slow Gherkin, The Huxtables, Good Night and others not been a part of it. In fact, I think Slow Gherkin is the most underrated band of all time, even among fans of the ska niche in which they were abandoned by the world at large.

Having said all this, what the heck is up with this: http://jod.no-place.com/
News Flash! You aren't Join, Or Die! The Mae Shi may be the bees knees to greasy-haired, thrift store robbing, Xiu Xiu zealots worldwide, but by 2003 (when their phony JOD was established) the real JOD had already been around and experienced its peak! Heck, Xiu Xiu could've told them that!

Poseurs! The whole lot of 'em!


P.S. I just watched a youtube video of that band Midori, whose singer blurs out her eyes in all their promotional material... WHAT A BUNCH OF F@$*ING GARBAGE!!! Pure marketing b.s.

3 comments:

Thomas Awful said...

the mae shi are pretty cool, count me in for the next thrift store burglary!

BOBOSO said...

Yeah, I actually got nothing against the Mae Shi, I even tried to book them at Cuddle Space once, but I had to represent for my real-ass J.O.D. boyz.

By the way, you got too many blogs fool!!!

Thomas Awful said...

you don't even know dude!