Friday, December 14, 2007

I'm A Homer



Recently I discovered the wonderful record that is Just A Fire's "Light Up". How did I miss this gem over the last few years?!?! I tried to describe it to someone, and ended up saying that it was like a dubby mix of The Clash and Jawbox. As awful as that may sound, it doesn't! Hooray for awkward sentence structure. This is yet another non-ska record that has been overlooked by the world thanks to being a part of the Asian Man Records roster.

Speaking of, I saw the Andrew Jackson Jihad record in the ska section of Streetlight Records yesterday. Great work there guys! Andrew Jackson Jihad are on tour now, tonight in Santa Cruz, and tomorrow in San Jose, a show that I'm organizing. GO! I'm sure if you read this blog, you probably already know about this show anyway, but if you don't, here:


In summation, most of my favorite records from 2007 were Asian Man releases, Bomb The Music Industry's "Get Warmer" and AJJ's "People Who Can Eat People Are the Luckiest People in the World" actually having been released year, and Just A Fire's "Light Up", which I finally discovered this year. Woohoo!

1 comment:

Elvis said...

Never visiting Streetlight Records again!