Saturday, February 03, 2007

I'm Free!!!

Today I woke up to discover that the water heater in my house had exploded. Instead of dousing myself with freezing water in the shower, I instead took a slightly less demeaning path by giving myself a sponge bath. GAH!!!

Then, on the way to work I heard the new Killers and Fallout Boy singles. Maybe they aren't so new. Regardless, The Killers sound nothing like Bruce Springsteen, and this whole Americana schtick that they're perpetrating is totally wack. The Fallout Boy song sounds like Bell Biv Devoe's attempt to be a cookie-cutter emo band, or, more appropriately, Fallout Boy's attempt to be anything but a cookie-cutter emo band. Now I remember why I exclusively listen to sports talk radio.

On the way home from work I heard a song about ghost riding the whip set to the music of Ray Parker Jr.'s tribute to Huey Lewis, "Ghostbusters".
"Whatcha gonna do? GHOST RIDE IT!"

Speaking of Ray Parker Jr....

Check out homeboy's website here!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yakel, Cliff and I are heading the Fall Out Boy and My Chemical Romance "craze" at work because the whole thing is so absurd. We'll stab ourselves once we come to our senses.

BOBOSO said...

Kill you.